In a coaching session recently I had a client who wanted to finding the positive of being made redundant from their dream job. Here are some of the things they came up with:
- Life is now very simple – all they have to do each day is search the internet for work and send off applications
- Its a great opportunity to review their life/career choices and do something different
- They could go somewhere different as they are no longer tied to a workplace
- They have time to upskill and do more learning
- There are some people that they are now glad not to see every day
- By going everywhere by pushbike or walking they are getting fitter and saving the planet
- They have more time for all those things that have been waiting for “when I have time…”
- They get to listen to daytime radio
- Spending decisions are really easy – the answer is No
- They can choose how to spend their time and can go out for a long walk in the middle of the day!
Even in the most challenging situations there will be some positives. What are the silver linings in your current tough times?