Data Protection Notice
At develomenta we work with organisations, providing training and coaching to develop their people to be successful and confident staff and leaders. To do so we will need to collect and process personal data, and this Privacy Notice explains how we go about this important aspect of our business in way that protects your personal data and privacy recognising the requirements of the latest legislation.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information for you.
Why we collect personal data
develomenta needs to collect and process personal data so that it can:
- Deliver its agreed services to its clients
- Ensure the effective running of the business
- Meet its legal obligations, such as with financial records and
- Carry out marketing activities to develop and grow the business.
develomenta collects personal data directly, for example, from its clients, contractors, associates and business contacts in the course of its normal business activities. develomenta can process the collected personal data it collects because it:
- Has obtained the necessary consent in an appropriate manner as needed
- Is necessary to the development and delivery of a contract or agreement to supply specific services to a client
- Is needed to comply with a legal obligation faced by the business or
- Is carried out for a legitimate interest of the business, such as marketing activities.
Where we have sought your specific consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time simply by contacting us as described in the subsequent section entitled “How we recognise your rights”.
What personal data we collect
develomenta typically collects the full range of standard personal identifying data sets, such as:
- Business/organisation name and job title
- Postal address, email address, telephone numbers, social media and website addresses
- Where appropriate standard employment related personal data and
- As needed additional information regarding personal interests to support its own direct marketing activities.
In addition, we will as the client requires collect additional personal data to meet the client’s operational needs. We do not normally collect personal data that can be aligned with any special or similar categories; if it is necessary to process such data to meet the client’s needs then special arrangements with the client will be agreed in advance.
Our clients ask us to carry out specific developmental activities, such as training workshops, on their behalf, and as such we process personal data that they have collected and sent to us in relation to that specific activity. In such cases we will always ensure that the clients will send to us the minimum amount of personal data needed to carry out that specific developmental activity.
What we do with your personal data
develomenta uses the personal data it collects, processes and retains to:
- Provide to our clients the services they have commissioned from us
- Invoice our clients for the services providedPay our suppliers for goods and services received
- Meet our legal obligations as a business and
- Market our business.
Where a client has provided us with personal data to carry out a specific task on its behalf then we will only use that personal data for that task and return that personal back to the client once that task has been completed.
How we protect, store and dispose of your personal data
develomenta protects your personal data that it collects, processes, stores and retains by:
- Employing a level of security at its facilities and on its equipment appropriate to the data protection risk
- Only using software products from reputable providers
- Carrying out all its banking activities via its online account
- Disposing of all confidential paper waste by on site shredding and
- Putting in place all reasonable organisational steps to ensure the integrity of such personal data.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as you are one of our clients or participants in one of our activities. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data longer for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- To maintain records so as to meet any legal obligations that apply to us.
How we recognise your rights
As a data subject you have certain rights. If you wish to access any of these rights then please contact us either via our contact form on our website:
Please put “Subject Access Request” in the form’s “Subject Field”
Or you can write to us at:
develomenta, 36 Pen y Graig, Denbigh, Clwyd, LL16 3YY UK
Please mark your letter with the heading “Subject Access Request”.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data please get in touch using the contact form described in the section above, or by writing to us at the address above. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose contact details are on their website:
We may wish to provide you with information about the some of the services we provide or are planning to provide to our clients. We will only do so if we have your consent to do so or we consider such an activity is in the legitimate interests of the development of our business. If we do contact you on such as basis we will always offer you the opportunity to tell us that you do not want to receive any further such information.